Our client is a successful manufacturing company in the Concrete production Industry. Since 1964, they have been one of the top players in concrete flooring for all types of commercial projects. They are experts in their field.
They are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team and run the entire financial operation. The Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing the financial activities of the organization, including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and compliance. The Financial Controller will be overhauling their accounting department, to modernize their systems, implement controls, and ensure the smooth operation of the department. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and make a real impact on their success.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures, by implementing new systems to achieve smooth operation.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports
- Monitor cash flow and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Oversee accounts payable/receivable functions
- Analyze financial data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Manage audits, tax filings, and other regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance on investment decisions
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
What you must bring to this role:
- Formal education in accounting
- CPA Designation (Preferred)
- 8+ years in a financial controller position, with experience leading and modernizing a department.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Preference to candidates with a Manufacturing and Costing background