Billing Operations Specialist
- Supports ongoing maintenance of customer accounts and payment billing systems. Ensures payments through variety of sources are recognized and posted against the correct account and invoice.
- Manages the set-up of special pricing arrangements to include bundles, consolidations and discrete pricing arrangements, ensuring negotiated amount is accurately reflected in the billing systems.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitors for accuracy of billing system information, including service pricing, rate structures and price lists for all business products.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Researches and investigates billing anomalies/variances for products and customers to determine cause and make recommendations for resolution.
- Establishes and maintains relationships to understand normal transaction patterns, systems operations and other factors that may impact invoice processing.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Resolves processing issues in accordance with policies & procedures and service level expectations.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.