Our client, a leader in the banking industry is seeking a Accounting Analyst to join their team! This is a hybrid position in their downtown Toronto office. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing accurate financial information in a timely manner and ensuring that proper controls are in place in the Bank’s financial accounting operations.
- Prepare financial statements, Head Office reporting and annual reports
Perform and monitor Bank Reconciliations and reporting to ensure the accuracy of the record, and
follow up on outstanding unreconciled items
- Perform GBase General Ledger print server operation and reports distribution
- Perform daily and monthly GBase General Ledger standing data input for accounting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly OSFI/Bank of Canada regulatory returns as requested by Manager
Prepare audit and bank confirmations requested by customers and their auditors and create related invoices
Reconcile and prepare annual T5 Return of Investment Income and NR4 Non‐Resident Tax Withholding, Remitting and Reporting, and RL‐3 Investment tax receipts
- Monitor and maintain accounts control, suspense account control and outstanding items control
- Monthly accounting control and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
Maintain and update Other Comprehensive Income journal for Cash Flow Hedge, and update control list to calculate Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income
Prepare quarterly hedge effectiveness testing for Cash Flow Hedge and Fair Value Hedge
- Monitor daily deposit balances under Bank Act Section 545
- Input customer master data registration, modification and closing in Infinity and log into control
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience within a financial institution.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse population.
- Strong organization skills including the ability to multi-task and manage deadlines effectively.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- University or College degree