Job Description: Actuarial Pricing Manager
Our client is a leading mutual insurance company known for its commitment to providing insurance solutions with a focus on customer service and community engagement. Their values include integrity, reliability, and dedication to meet the diverse insurance needs of their policyholders. They offer a wide range of insurance products including property, auto, farm and commercial, and have been recognized as one of Insurance Business Canada’s Top Employers.
What You Will Achieve in This Role:
As the Actuarial Pricing Manager, you will be instrumental in the success of building out the in-house actuarial expertise. You will participate in cutting-edge pricing techniques in a way that encourages profitable growth and expansion.
- Conduct pricing reviews for all lines of business, take the lead, offer high-quality recommendations, and provide support during implementation as needed.
- Utilize advanced modeling and actuarial analysis techniques to create pricing algorithms, generate rate indications, and develop segmentation models for all business lines.
- Communicate analysis insights and decisions to business leaders. Translate actuarial analysis to understandable business metrics fit for the audience.
- Lead monitoring activities to assess the quality of the insurance portfolio, and track the rates, market share, and insurance rates of competitors.
- Produce and analyze reports that monitor the evolving trends in the book of business and recommend rating and underwriting actions based on observations.
- Sustain, adjust, and validate predictive statistical models; interpret the outcomes of the models for leaders.
- Assume responsibility for product structure, algorithms, pricing tables, and rules across all systems while upholding actuarial best practices.
- Take ownership of product structure, algorithms, pricing tables, and rules in all systems and maintain actuarial best practices.
- Motivate and coach staff under your direction in the business. Administer timely performance reviews, assessing needs for education, rewards, and setting direction.
What You Must Bring to This Role:
- University degree in Actuarial Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics, or another related field of study.
- 4+ years in actuarial pricing of Commercial lines and Personal property. Farm experience is an asset.
- 2+ years of proven leadership experience.
- ACAS or FCAS is preferred.
- Experience working with actuarial pricing software, predictive analytical tools, and techniques.
- Experience in Python and R is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in business and user-friendly language.
- Process-driven with ability to document, maintain and adhere to standards, procedures and processes.
Only those who are qualified will be contacted