SENIOR ACCOUNTANT CPA
Our client is a Vancouver-based firm that was formed over 65 years ago, they set a standard of excellence that is recognized across the industry. Our clients provides services for private enterprise, First Nations organizations, or not-for-profit enterprises, a unique combination of industry leading insight and expertise in tax and accounting combined with highly thoughtful levels of personal service and attention.
This position as a Senior Accountant will assists partners and managers by providing quality service to meet clients’ goals and understanding their needs efficiently. This role is also a leadership opportunity to support junior staff in developing their professional and technical competencies in the office environment and on client sites.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Interact directly with clients and partners on various engagements.
- Analyze and review financial information.
- Complete working papers and corporate tax returns for review by managers or partners.
- Act as a senior on assurance teams to perform audit and review engagements.
- Complete personal tax and other returns for clients.
- Participate in tax return pools for at least one of the following T1, T3 and T4.
- Provide leadership to First and Second Year CPA Students in the office and on client site
What you must bring to this role:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in public practice accounting including: compilation experience, review experience, audit experience and corporate and personal tax preparation experience.
- BComm/BBA in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA Designation or have written the CFE
- Proficient in CaseWare, Tax Prep and MS Office.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a talent to develop positive rapport and convey concepts and services to clients.
- Be detailed oriented and have strong analytical skills with both numbers and concepts.
- Strong understanding of audit, assurance and tax standards.
- Flexibility of working in the office or at home or both
- Pre-approved CPA route
- Paid overtime
- Staff meals during busy season
- Paid vacation
- Firm sponsored social events
- Mentorship program
- Extensive training and support
- Comprehensive health coverage
- And more!