• Compute and analyze monthly, quarterly, and year-end income tax provision, reporting and tax disclosures
• Maintain and analyze deferred tax inventories and continuity schedules.
• Prepare/post tax journal entries and analyze GL accounts.
• Prepare federal and provincial income tax returns and schedules.
• Calculate/optimize tax instalments and make payments as required.
• Comply with SOX protocol and attestation requirements.
• Analyze and provide support for forecasting and planning initiatives.
• Analyze and respond to audit queries from tax authorities and external auditors.
• Conduct research and analysis on various accounting and tax matters.
• Provide routine tax advice where appropriate.
• Other ad hoc projects including process improvement initiatives.
- Experience in tax compliance and reporting Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Highly flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities/deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and data analytical tools
- The successful candidate must be organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented, and be able to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines
NICE TO HAVE
- Accounting designation