Our client provides consulting services in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, environmental and hydrogeology for a range of public and private sector clients in Ontario, Canada. They provide expertise in these disciplines to a wide range of projects such as planning, design, and construction of pipelines, tunnels, pump stations, municipal buildings, roads, bridges, slope and landslide management, low and high rise as well as commercial buildings, light rail systems, dams and reservoirs, water and wastewater treatment facilities, outfalls, retaining walls, embankments, airports, and port facilities.
We are looking for a competent general accountant to provide financial accounting support to the team.
What you will achieve in this role:
General Accountant Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
• Ensure vendor invoices are entered and posted into the systems correctly and promptly.
• Resolve any vendor invoice dispute.
• Review AP aging and process the vendor payments.
• Review and post employee expenses into the system.
• Ensure daily cash deposits and receipts are entered into the system.
• Work with the project accountant to collect any outstanding AR invoices from the client.
• Ensure Monthly vendor invoices and client billings are posted.
o Employee expenses are captured and posted.
o Weekly employee timesheets are reviewed and posted.
o Monthly/yearly journal entries are prepared and entered into the system.
• Perform quarterly HST reconciliation and process the payments.
• Perform monthly visa reconciliation
• Assist finance director with the month-end/year-end functions.
• Work with the project accountant to ensure project financials are recorded accurately.
Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Update daily cash flow projection report
• Perform monthly/yearly account analysis and reconciliation.
• Perform bank reconciliation.
• Monthly financial analysis and reporting.
• Perform ad-hoc reporting requests, as required.
Systems and office administration
• Train and assist users on the system to approve timesheets and vendor invoices.
• Manage accounting emails.
• Organize and maintain financial documents and files
• Contribute to team process improvement initiatives.
• Perform ad-hoc functions as required.
General Accountant Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, or similar.
• Min 5 years experience as a general accountant
• 3-5 years of experience in Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint.
• Have a good understanding of accounting practices and regulations.
• Excellent communication skills toward effective collaboration and client services.
Only Qualified candidates will be contacted.