The Client is a leading financial institution with significant North American holdings and a multi-national presence. The client has operations across most verticals, including Institutional & Corporate, Wealth Management, Private Clients, Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury, etc
In this role you will be responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing, and maintaining business relationships with strategic clients operating in the commercial sector, with a view to promoting and selling products and or services to grow the center’s business. You will use your in-depth technical and business skills to represent, negotiate and engage companies as part of strategic agreements. Ensuring consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability, and member, client, and partner satisfaction. You will also act as a leader to various parties and share your knowledge and expertise with unit members as necessary.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Build and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients to promote and sell the products and services.
- Act as an account manager by serving as the liaison between the business center and members/clients. Ensure proper usage and satisfaction with the products and services offered and analyze any source of dissatisfaction and or recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs by developing personalized solutions and preparing an integrated service offering. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions for attaining the business center’s objectives such as increased business volume, sound risk management, portfolio profitability, and improved business relationships.
- Continuously source business development opportunities that will increase the competitiveness of the products and services offered.
- Execute various promotional activities as part of the center’s business operations. Participate in targeted public relations activities and create a presence in the business community.
- Adhere to the current policies, practices, and standards, as well as the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services.
- Actively listen to the needs of members and clients to ensure they are satisfied and refer them to the correct individual to address their concerns and provide appropriate solutions.
What you must bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business in a related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including 3 years in management
- Strong oral and written communication and speaking skills in English and French
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political, and legislative events; including performing financial and market analysis
- Familiarity of financing and credit management practices related to businesses
- Deep understanding of loan and guarantee contracts, as well as the characteristics and credit risk inherent to the major commercial, industrial, and institutional markets
- Understands business credit authorization, monitoring, collection, the referral process, and recovery practices
- An individual who has strong networking and sales skills
Only those who are qualified will be contacted.