Job Title: Treasury Analyst III
8 Month Contract
Type: Hybrid with 2 in office and 3 at WFH
Location: Toronto (if in Waterloo will be required to travel to Toronto from time to time).
Hours: 9 to 5 (will need to be a little flexible)
- Visio or similar (mandatory)
- Project skills
3 to 5 years' experience in the financial sector as Analyst (preferred)
Treasury Operations is the center of excellence, with in-depth knowledge of banking payment and collection infrastructure and processes. Treasury Operations is responsible for providing support and subject matter expertise to all North American business units and Group functions including Reinsurance, US, Canadian and Wealth & Asset management, to support the full array of operational activities including cheque deposit and payment, incoming and outgoing wire transfers and ACH, payment exception handling and cash forecasting & positioning.
Treasury operations department processes more than fifty-three million (53M) transactions each year, with value exceeding two trillion, six hundred billion dollars (2,6 trillion) across twenty-nine (29) banking partners and more than eight hundred (800) bank accounts; and administers the companies fourteen billion, eight hundred thousand dollars (14.8B) liquidity pool.
The contract position will support the Head of Treasury Operations and the AVP Cash Management Operations (NA) on various initiatives, optimize processes, improve the efficiency of the Operations team daily business activity in various system solutions owned by Treasury Operations and may be asked to support some daily operational activities from time to time, as circumstance arises.
1. Support various initiatives including but not limited to system implementation initiatives owned by Treasury Operations in the capacity of business analyst under the supervision of the AVP
2. Assist the Head of Treasury Operations in the Procurement procure-to-pay initiative where Treasury Operations is a key stakeholder, through attending meetings, documenting end-to-end process flows, drafting procedures, preparing test cases, test scenarios and executing testing
3. Work closely with internal business stakeholders (onshore and offshore) to document current and target state
4. Where appropriate, identify opportunities to streamline internal processes and strengthen internal controls
5. Support various operational managers to achieve synergies and/or improve current processes
6. Arrange regular training sessions, develop work guides and cheat sheets to facilitate ongoing knowledge sharing within the team
7. Undertake research and conduct analysis, cost benefit analysis and prepare business cases; assist in developing presentation and(or) proposals to the Head of Treasury Operations, and the Treasury Operations management team to explain and/or secure buy-in for cash operations improvement initiatives.
8. Work closely with the AVP Cash Management Operations (NA) to enhance and transform the usage of value-added data elements within Treasury Operations, focusing on understanding data elements, data flow, data quality and promoting the use of data driven decision making within the wider Treasury Operations.
9. Support the AVP, Cash Management Operations (NA) on any other initiatives as they arise.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, or related area
• CTP or another treasury/finance related certification. Knowledge of treasury operations and cash management is required – Nice to have.
• Advanced to Expert Excel training is required.
• Experience with Power BI or other data analysis or visualization tools required. – REQUIRED
• Experience in implementing projects in the finance or procurement space
• Experience with using an ERP, TMS or Procurement System.
• Ability to learn the technical side of any system
• Ability to troubleshoot problems, exhaust available options and determine when escalation or engaging outside help is required.
• Attention to detail and ability to react quickly and respond to problems within tight deadlines.
• Proactive – willing to identify issues, ask questions, recommend alternative solutions and implement the agreed upon solution.
• Ability to interact and coordinate with various stakeholders (internal and external).
• Team player and ability to work as a team within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and critical functions that demand a high level of accuracy.
• Fast paced environment with tight deadlines and critical tasks that require accuracy.
• New systems that impact current processes.