Role Title: Corporate Action Associate
The Associate of Corporate Actions will require an independent, self-motivated individual that will provide daily Corporate Action support of Global Equity Finance & Stock Loan Operations, for developing and executing goals and objectives regarding business delivery and operational effectiveness for internal business partners and external customer relationship management, change and risk management and control, within the context of the approved operational plan and team objectives. Daily responsibilities include the reconciliation and processing of North American and International corporate action events across all the Equity Finance platforms for Capital Markets. SME on the FIS XSPRISA and ETRAN+ platforms. Tasked with assisting BPO personnel to ensure all CMC Corporate Action processes and controls are performed to the companies standard. Provides daily Operational support functions to trading/lending desks as well as the underlying Swap Prime Brokerage clients
Manage and monitor complex corporate action types that have a significant amount of risk associated.
• Make independent decisions within established guidelines, procedures and Letter of Authority/authority levels in resolution/escalation of problems, including system, software and hardware failures.
• Escalate all unresolved processing issues to the appropriate level, as the guidelines.
• Develop initiatives to avoid repetition of operational issues.
• Act as SME in Corporate Actions & Entitlements
• Recommend business performance improvement
• Prioritize work in accordance with policy and severity of service impact to minimize financial/customer impacts
• Ensure authorizations and approvals are obtained in accordance with firm policies and controls
• Maintain key controls and review processes quarterly
• Identify potential risk situations within the scope of work (e.g. risk assessments), make recommendations and/or escalate to senior management, where appropriate, and ensure contingency plans exist.
• Contribute to the management of risk and minimize losses through monitoring and controlling various reports and taking appropriate actions, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank P&Ps.
Must Have Skills:
• Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
• Synthetic swap or prime brokerage experience
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the overall scope of Asset servicing processing .
• Solid knowledge and understanding of all traded products of Capital Markets
• Solid knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit (i.e. Microsoft Office; Internet Explorer, EXCEL(Must)
• Solid knowledge and understanding of business unit’s key products and services, proves and controls
• Solid understanding of business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
• Solid knowledge of departmental systems and applications mandatory:
• Depos: DTC/ CDS / Euroclear
• Global One
• Solid understanding of internal business partner’s, services and organization
• University degree or equivalent work experience (relevant)
Microsoft office Excel (summing, reconciliation etc)