Position: Bilingual Business Analyst (Spanish)
Duration: 8 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Retail Data
This business group is responsible for data management for the bank.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of the data management team and work with other countries.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a data driven & customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
• Works with Enterprise and Local Data Stewards to create Data Management strategies to ensure successful implementation of use cases
• Provides consultative support to Heads of Data on the establishment of local data office operating model and Data Steward onboarding where applicable
• Responsible for project and portfolio level reporting for all initiatives/projects engaged with; includes tracking, status reporting, executive dashboard etc.
• Responsible to develop, manage and track stakeholder relationships in application such as Salesforce
• Responsible to complete stakeholder engagement reporting within Salesforce, with the intent to develop executive engagement dashboards
• Provides consultative support to business lines and project teams on the execution of data management policy, standard, processes etc., as appropriate
• Establishes and maintains stakeholder and executive management relationships to effectively influence strategic priorities
• Act as the point person to ensure the assigned initiative are accomplished from end to end perspective. This includes initiative hand off from the Data Office Business Engagement (Intake) team, project onboarding, and delivery.
• Determine data management activities, artifacts and milestones required by the project initiative team. This includes collecting information on the initiative and documents its use cases, use case description and type, use case success criteria and business purpose, and use case tier assessment. Coordinate meeting to include various Data Office experts with the project team as needed
• Collects information on the initiative and ensures that it is aligned to the program portfolio as part of initiating the official workstream
• Performs initiative resourcing estimates for DO and Business Project Team with the resource leads, including which team is assigning people to which role, identifying and engaging the required SMEs, and who is funding which parts of the initiative
• Hosts Kick-off Meeting with at least a high-level view of the following from the Business partner team; milestones, high-level target architecture, RACI, workflow, communication norms, and team norms. Include scrum master if applicable
• Work with teams and scrum master to develop risk mitigated strategies to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of re-useable datasets. Escalates blockers and issues to Data Office leadership for resolution
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures and within the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Builds talent within the Data Office
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1)2-3 years of experience with Data Analysis/Management
2)1-2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
5)1-2 years of Project Management experience
5)Previous Banking Experience
Soft Skills Required:
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Exceptional leadership skills to review processes and procedures to create efficiencies, eliminate duplication and provide organization support to achieve business objectives
• Strong relationship management with an ability to establish productive relationships between various leaders, departments and partners across the organization
• Well-developed communication skills including precise articulation of ideas and opinions in order to prepare detailed business cases and proposals
• Solutions oriented and ability to develop and create innovative solutions to critical business or organizational data issues
Best vs. Average Candidate
The best Candidate would have banking experience and is fully bilingual in English and Spanish. The candidate would have a positive attitude and willing to learn. The best candidate would be excellent at time management.