Position: Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Engineering Transformation – Hybrid/Remote
Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are growing our Engineering Transformation Office, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software, platform, and engineering skills. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer – Engineering Transformation, you will:
· Champion the transformation of engineering staff within your team and other areas within the organization by sharing your technical expertise as part of the program.
· Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives with strong and extendable architectural design
· Advocate and influence the design principles which align with our cloud strategy and architecture.
· Partake in Engineering Transformation’s cloud environment life cycle.
· Be an active participant in our various internal and external transformation events such as hackathons, security capture the flag, Tech Talks, and external engineering recruitment campaigns.
· Exposure and opportunity to collaborate with leaders across the organization, as well as other software engineers, architects, and operations engineers to uncover and showcase opportunities to deliver new business value through software
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
· Embracing an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise.
· Coaching and mentoring engineers with a passion for growing staff within the organization.
· Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization.
· Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next.
· Building and Deploying Cloud-Native applications into AKS (i.e. kubernetes, docker images, helm charts, deployments, config maps and more!)
· Code and automate infrastructure using various technologies in Azure.
· Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features.
You will be working with:
· Cloud-Native Technologies and Methodologies!
· Azure, Cloud Computing, Terraform and ARM template scripting.
· Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
- 5+ yrs experience - Responsible for the development and design of web applications and components.
- Design, code, test, and implement web sites and applications, for either internal or external uses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations.
- Responsible for creating and modifying documentation corresponding to websites.
- May collaborate with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database, system, networking) and with external vendors.
- Maintain and update websites and ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization.
- Requires both front-end (GUI) and back-end development experience.
- 3-5 years of prior web development experience is required.
- The position is a rare combination of Full Stack Developer and Trainer/Instructor.
- 50% full stack developer and 50% instructor
- The successful candidate will work as part of the organization's University, working on their internal training program.
- Cloud experience is preferred.
- The emphasis on People skills This person will be providing virtual instruction via video on full day training courses for internal employees and occasionally Co-Ops.
- Experience of training within an educational environment would be preferred.
- Development will be on the internal application system which monitors use, grades students, and provides analytics.
- The successful incumbent will also be involved in rollout of new content to the cloud (Azure)
- Please note – because of the training aspect of the role – people skills is a must.