Our client a leading mid-sized public accounting firm is looking to hire a Controller to join their team in Markham
What you will achieve in this role
- Manage client engagements including compilations, personal/corporate tax returns and review engagements
- Maintain excellent client relationships and report directly to partner/principal.
- Proactively identify tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Train and develop the team and create a high performing department.
- Review client deliverables prepared by staff.
- Develop staff skillsets related to technical knowledge, communication skills, and project management. – Contribute to business development including maintaining and/or developing internal and external relationship – Develop materials for and participate in internal training.
- Train and develop Managers, Senior Associates, Associates and Staff Accountants.
- Review file timelines and draft invoices for billing.
- Meet billable target hours.
What you will bring to this role:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team of Professionals within the Public Accounting industry.
- Experience with T1, T2, T3 and other tax forms mandatory.
- Strong technical background in Canadian Income Tax.
- Strong computer literacy including CaseWare, CCH (Tax Prep), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Out – Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with clients.