Position: Bilingual Business Analyst (English/Spanish)
Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: AML Risk Project Management Office - AML arm within the bank that is responsible for AML activities (processes, policies, solutions, overall accountability for entire bank)
FCRM Business Analysis Centre of Excellence (BACoE) – the BA will be responsible for supporting the implementation of initiatives that support value stream projects and BAU enhancements across Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) – assigned as projects come up working on BRDs, as well as Operational Excellence.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple value streams within AML, different lines of business and different technologies and gain experience across the bank; they will also help with growing the BAcoE and working on best practices to act as an example within Business Analysis for the Bank overall.
Typical Day in Role:
• Writes Business Requirements Documents and managing Operational Readiness activities needed to enable implementations across value streams
• Engages with multiple stakeholders from different lines of business
• Works with technology partners to provide accepted solutions for key stakeholders
• Manages multiple projects as a project team member and takes the lead from requirements gathering to testing and post implementation support.
• Supports the establishment of a Business Analysis Centre of Excellence with a focus on initiatives impacting Transaction Monitoring, Client Risk Rating and other areas as required. This includes:
- Strong governance and standards, inclusive of the creation of business analysis artifacts
- Well-defined best practices and methodologies that allow for lean, quick to market requirements and minimal change requests
- Subject matter knowledge to allow for the correct level of requirements gathering
- Actively collaborates and engages with key stakeholders and partners to ensure output is consistently delivering business value and aligning with the agreed upon commitments. Completes Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), Operational Readiness Checklists, and other artifacts as appropriate.
• Builds and manages relationships with business and technology partners. Engages with users and partners with development to ensure system requirements are realized; assists with implementation, testing requirements and supporting Business As Usual (BAU).
• Operates under a Waterfall project delivery framework, as well as Agile at times, using JIRA and Confluence as tools
• Drives initiatives through the various phases by effectively managing the escalation of issues with stakeholders for resolution.
• At times, provides direction to the Senior Analyst(s) FCRM BACoE.
• Supports any requests for the development of audit and regulatory documentation which may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
2) 1-2+ years AML experience
3) Demonstrated experience with Jira/Confluence
4) Experience operating under multiple project delivery frameworks (Waterfall, Agile)
1) Bilingual in Spanish (full proficiency) a strong asset – preference will be given to these candidates
2) BA experience within FI/Banking an asset
3) Oracle experience/familiarity
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability to work independently to gather and document all business requirements
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong writing skills (necessary for creation of BRD)
- Process improvement experience with an understanding of workflow analysis and design
Post-Secondary preferred – or equivalent working experience
ACAMS Certification is an asset