Manager – Canadian Tax
Our Client is a leading midsize accounting and advisory firm based in Vancouver and Toronto. They provide value-added audit, tax and advisory solutions that support local businesses. They offer a full complement of professional services across every major industry sector, serving a broad range of clients, including large, publicly traded companies, emerging businesses, and owner-managed businesses.
Our Client fosters a meaningful career and the opportunity to influence tomorrow for your clients, your profession, and your community. Our professionals are encouraged to Be True to their values and ambitions, alongside shared commitment to building great relationships, great conversations and great futures.
We are currently seeking a Manager to join our tax practice in the Toronto office. We are looking for an individual who is committed to a career in taxation and has the desire to take a lead role in managing tax engagements and contributing both to the growth of the firm and our clients
Our tax practice offers the opportunity to work in a range of tax and succession planning areas including estate & trust compliance, personal and corporate tax planning, purchase and sale of private businesses, estate planning, and cross border investment and compliance.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Working closely with all Tax Partners and other Senior staff on business tax compliance, tax provision and tax advisory engagements
- Working proactively as a leader within the Tax Group to ensure delivery of high quality tax engagements
- Conducting and reviewing technical research, tax planning recommendations
- Reviewing complex Canadian individual and corporate tax returns and other tax work prepared by staff
- Supporting and mentoring firm staff in respect of tax matters
- Identifying client service opportunities
What you must bring to this role:
- Canadian Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in a public accounting firm as a tax specialist and/or an assistant tax manager
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program or Masters of Tax Program
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload and multiple deadlines
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach and develop team members
- Proficiency in CaseWare, TaxPrep, TaxFind, CCH IntelliConnect and Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you?
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive total compensation package including extended health care, dental, and group life insurance benefits
- Annual management bonus program
- Vacation (4 weeks/year)
- Continuing Professional Development courses are provided to maintain your designation as well as numerous informal training and development opportunities. The Firm will also reimburse you for approved professional development fees and membership dues.
- An open-door culture promoting interaction with all staff levels, including partners
- A fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast foods, healthy snacks, and treats during tax season, plus coffee, tea, and drinks throughout the year
- Overtime meal reimbursements
- Monthly reimbursement towards parking or transit subsidy
- Monthly reimbursement for your smart phone fees
- Monthly subsidy towards membership in a fitness centre
- A smart casual dress code (client/day specific)
- Client referral, employee referral, and vehicle purchase incentives
- Many entertaining social events throughout the year
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted