Senior Accountant, Audit Services
Our Client is a leading midsize accounting and advisory firm based in Vancouver and Toronto. They provide value-added audit, tax and advisory solutions that support local businesses. They offer a full complement of professional services across every major industry sector, serving a broad range of clients, including large, publicly traded companies, emerging businesses, and owner-managed businesses.
Our Client fosters a meaningful career and the opportunity to influence tomorrow for your clients, your profession, and your community. Our professionals are encouraged to Be True to their values and ambitions, alongside shared commitment to building great relationships, great conversations and great futures.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Preparing compilations, reviews, NTRs, and audit engagements;
- Preparing corporate and personal income tax returns,
- Mentoring and training staff;
- Working under tight deadlines, delivering quality work, anticipating and resolving client issues in a timely manner;
- Corresponding with partners and clients; and
What you must bring to this role:
- CPA, CA or working towards a CPA designation; completion of UFE/CFE
- Public practice experience is required
- Experienced in both Private and Public Enterprise is an asset
- Superior people and client service skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Adept organizational and time management skills, including the ability to meet deadline
What’s in it for you?
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive total compensation package including extended health care, dental, and group life insurance benefits
- Vacation (3+ weeks/year)
- Paid overtime
- Continuing Professional Development courses are provided to maintain your designation as well as numerous informal training and development opportunities. The Firm will also reimburse you for approved professional development fees and membership dues.
- Secondment opportunities with Baker Tilly International to Australia and New Zealand
- An open-door culture promoting interaction with all staff levels, including partners
- A fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast foods, healthy snacks, and treats during tax season, plus coffee, tea, and drinks throughout the year
- Overtime meal and parking reimbursements
- A monthly subsidy towards membership in a fitness centre
- A smart casual dress code (client/day specific)
- Client referral, employee referral, and vehicle purchase incentives
- Many entertaining social events throughout the year
Only qualifies candidates will be contacted