Position: Risk Analyst III
Duration: 12 Months
Project name/scope: Daily production items (collateralization on secure funding transitions)
- Degree/Certifications Required: Undergrad degree relevant work experience
- Years of experience: 5-7 years
- Reason for request/why opened: Backfill
- % Interaction with Stakeholders: 85% peers and external counter parties , 15% upper management
- Team Size: 8 people Personality Style/Team Culture:
A Senior Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the effective and efficient mitigation of counterparty credit risk. Senior Analysts are responsible managing counterparty credit risk as well as for demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach to risk mitigation by highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements.
The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit, middle office, legal, front office, settlements, and corporate treasury. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
Senior Analysts within Collateral Management are accountable for the following core responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing and receiving collateral calls to ensure the firm’s credit risk is mitigated.
- Ensure margin tickets are accurately entered into the collateral system
- Extensive interaction with clients.
- Ensure process reviews are conducted in accordance with Global Short-term Markets Policy
- Resolution and escalation of collateral issues.
- Reconciliation of repo collateral statements upon margining disputes
In addition to their core responsibilities, Analysts are also expected to:
- Contribute their own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
- Ongoing, proactive risk management via staying abreast of risk issues in the capital markets and assessing impacts on our exposures
- Seek opportunities to increase operational efficiency and lower operational risk through process reengineering
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes.
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills Effective problem-solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail Data entry (in reference to collateral system) Advanced Microsoft Excel experience ( VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables) Risk management experience with direct fixed income knowledge-5 years
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience Collateral/ margin experience