Position: Technology Finance Specialist
Duration: 9 Months
Business Group: IT&S FINANCE
The Technology Finance department provides cost-effective stewardship of the Bank's IT and financial resources used to support creation of shareholder value. Technology Finance has a dual reporting relationship to both Corporate Finance and Technology.
The Business Line Support (BLS) team within the department is accountable for providing in-depth analysis of global technology spending to improve business and financial decision-making, collaborating with Technology and other partners to develop strategic analysis to improve customer and employee utilization of IT services.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Reporting to Director, Business Line Support, the incumbent is responsible for contributing to Technology Executive & Line Management decision-making by ensuring the preparation of comprehensive, insightful and timely analysis, reporting and presentation of global IT investment and resourcing, benchmarking and metrics. The incumbent actively contributes to the facilitation, monitoring, and measuring of IT and Business Line financials, as well as developing and maintaining best practices and procedures for IT financial management globally. The incumbent will regularly collaborate with teams within Technology Finance, as well as Business / Finance units across the Bank’s global footprint to achieve goals and deliverables under tight timelines. They actively participate in special projects and periodic ad-hoc analysis for management, as needed. The incumbent is a proactive and hands-on strategic thinker who exemplifies integrity, respect and commitment to the team.
Typical Day in Role:
Responsible for the development, maintenance, and oversight of financial management and Global IT statutory reporting:
• Coordinating thorough, accurate, timely and insightful analysis for global IT reporting (i.e. regular statutory reporting, forecasting, budgeting, etc.)
• Preparing / reviewing standard, non-routine / ad-hoc dashboard outputs and publishing reports (including benchmarking, metrics, producing graphs and spreadsheets)
• Identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement in efficiency, growth and profitability
• Performing in-depth financial analysis of IT spend within various business lines, as required, including assessing analytical outputs and reporting for reasonability and accuracy, and identifying key variances and drivers
• Analyzing specific business issues, compiling non-routine information: including analysis of change impacts, trends and sensitivity analysis and recommending to the Director / Vice President optimal solutions / actions to be taken
Provide client focused support in the collaboration with Technology and other Business Line partners to develop strategic analysis to improve customer and employee utilization of IT services globally, by:
• Preparing / reviewing the detail supporting workbooks and presentation materials for use in the regular IT and Business Line financial workshops
• Communicating and collaborating with IT and Business partners to stay abreast of spending, budgeting, reporting and evaluation related to cost drivers and how Technology costs map to strategy and services
Responsible for the development and managing the TSA process for Technology expenses:
• In collaboration with Global Tax and Global Finance Transfer Pricing team to ensure compliance with the transfer pricing guidelines
• Perform analysis, facilitate discussions and presentations to pursue TSA charges to the countries
Actively contribute to the development and implementation of new / changed systems enhancements, controls, policies and processes as required by:
• Leading the redesign of workflows to simplify and streamline allocation processes, identifying financial and user reporting requirements, preparing specifications / developing new forms and instructions. Identify, recommend, and implement on opportunities for improvements with a view to reducing cycle times, increasing analytical capabilities and service provision procedures
• Demonstrating creativity to recommend new and innovative approaches to utilizing information sources to automate processes and improve delivery of financial information
• Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of systems used and their capabilities and determining and recommending most effective and efficient data compilation method
• Responsible for updating and maintaining allocation methodology and process documentation
Proactive collaboration and building of long-term strategic relationships with units across the organization by:
• Facilitating discussions and presentations with teams across the Bank
• Identifying appropriate stakeholders for involvement in key discussions and working sessions.
• Carefully planning messages that are delivered in a professional manner using clear and concise language to IT, Finance and Business partners globally.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 2-5+ years of experience as a manager within the financial industry or banking industry
• Change agent with high energy and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and able to manage time and resources effectively to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and critical thinking ability to:
o Frame and structure complex issues in a way that makes it easy to understand
o Make sound and efficient judgement and assumptions
o See connections between pieces of data and analysis and develop insights and implications
o Quickly understand processes and identify opportunities
• Advanced skills in MS Office and Excel
• Strong knowledge and experience on financial and management reporting, cost allocation, business analytics and financial systems/models
• Strong team player and skilled in developing harmonious relationships with team members, business partners and senior management
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), presentation and business writing skills, as well as strong training, coaching and facilitation skills
• CPA and/or MBA with minimum 8 years of related work experience
• Advanced level of understanding of finance and technology demonstrated through previous experience
Candidate Review & Selection
2 rounds of 30 minute interviews