Position: Email Marketing Specialist
Duration: 12 Months
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
- Degree/Certifications Required: An undergraduate degree or college diploma in Digital Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field
- Years of experience: 5-7 years
- Reason for request/why opened: mat leave
- % Interaction with Stakeholders: 75% internal, 25% external vendors
- Project Scope: Digital marketing capabilities, sit between marketers and tech folks and try to translate for marketers what they can do with the tech and vice versa
- Team Size: 5
- Personality Style/Team Culture: helpful, engaged, interested to learn, vibrant
- Selling Points of Position: great exposure to sales force marketing cloud, exposure to senior marketers, good mix of interacting with tech, agencies, marketers, lots of visibility, resume building tools
- How will performance be measured: verbal feedback
SUMMARY OF DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Meeting with tech folks and agencies to help understand what they can do with the tech, going to the marketers to explain what’s new and what they can do, help the marketers find ideas and translate those into roadmaps, on the flip side going to the tech teams and letting them know what the marketers want to do. Some project work and project coordination.
1. Experience in Email Marketing and associated Email Service Provider (ESP) technologies: Salesforce Email Studio (Exact Target), Oracle (Eloqua), Adobe (Marketo), or similar
2. Technologically inclined, with a solid understanding of the technical aspects of Email Marketing
3. Strong organizational and time management skills
4. Excellent communication skills: presentation, written, and oral. An ability to translate business needs to technical requirements, and technical specs to business outcomes.
5. Self-sufficient: comfortable with ambiguity and to take ownership over driving the program forward
6. Collaborative in nature: Ability to work with a cross functional team of marketers, technologists, and analysts
7. Strong organizational awareness and knowledge of business, operational functions, methods and regulatory requirements to solve complex problems and develop new solutions
NICE TO HAVE
1. Experience in MarTech (Marketing Technology) would be an asset
2. Moveable Ink; BlueRush; Salesforce's Einstein, Journey Builder, Interaction Studio, Ad Studio, and CDP
3. Experience with Agile tools and methodologies (ex: Scrum, Sprints, Kanbans)
4. Experience working in Jira
5. Experience with Google/Adobe Analytics, SQL, DOMO/Tableau, or similar
DISQUALIFIERS – is there any information/experience on a candidate’s resume that would disqualify them from consideration for this position?
1.) Someone with digital marketing focused on social media
2.) Someone who isn’t a people person
As part of BANK’S's Marketing department, the 'North American Personalization, Digital Marketing, and Orchestration' team is responsible for leading our digital marketing and 1:1 channels transformation. The team carries the mandate to build the digital marketing ecosystem to enable personalized 1:1 communications at all interactions with our customers.
Leveraging a best-in-class content strategy, our personalized communications will ensure BANK’S is delivering breakthrough creative and the best, personalized and connected experiences for our customers. The second goal of the group is to drive leadership in all digital marketing channels across paid, owned, and earned. This means that we will strive to enable best-practices in each channel, define the leading practices and beat competitive benchmarks. The primary goal of the group is to optimize the customer journey from start to finish, ultimately improving performance and driving ROI in each marketing channel for our business and channel partners.
Reporting to the 'Head of Onsite Strategy, Capabilities, & Innovation', the 'Digital Marketing Manager, Email Strategy & Capabilities' will drive the advancement of Email marketing through influencing others in the adoption and sophistication of capability usage: Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Email Studio, Einstein, Journey Builder, and Interaction Studio; Moveable Ink; Bluerush; and etc.
Specifically, this role will partner with internal stakeholders (primarily product Marketers and MarTech), and external vendors/agencies to drive adoption and value-realization of strategies and capabilities that drive business and customer outcomes (increased sales and improved customer experiences).
• Act as an intermediary between internal and external partners: Line-of-Business Marketers, Marketing Technology, our Email Agency & Lead, Technology Vendors, Marketing Analytics, and Email Sales-Performance teams.
• Translate business needs to technical requirements, and technical capabilities to business outcomes to meet business objectives and customer needs
• Lead the strategy, implementation plan, and utilization of new and existing email capabilities including but not limited to Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Email Studio and Einstein); Email Optimization and Measurement (Moveable Ink, Bluerush, Persado, and Validity); and Orchestration/Automation (Salesforce Journey Builder, Salesforce Interaction Studio, Unica/HCL and Interact/Campaign)
• Train Marketers on the art-of-the-possible, and help them identify high-value use cases given the available data and technology. Where data/tech is not available, partner with MarTech and Analytics/Data/Insights teams to enable those use cases.
• Work with Customer Orchestration Insights to measure the efficacy and ROI of Email Marketing Capabilities and their enabled use cases
• Keep current on emerging industry trends and empower partners to take advantage of them
• Longer term: evolve from partnering to create personalized customer experiences in the Email channel, to personalized experiences cross-channel leveraging Salesforce Journey Builder, HCL Interact/Campaign, and a host of other technologies
• An undergraduate degree or college diploma in Digital Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field
• Relevant professional certifications (ex: Salesforce Trailhead badges) would be an asset
• 3-5 years working in Email Marketing