Position: Project Manager – Network Infrastructure
Duration: 12 months contract
- Fully work from home role
- Hours are 8:30 to 5 with 1 hour lunch
- English only
- Wants the candidate located in Toronto
- 10+ years experience required
- Agile experience is required
- University degree
- Experience in PM in metric world
- Proficient in Officer programs
10+ yrs experience - Responsible for management of the entire project lifecycle from project definition/scope through implementation. Develop project plan and drive project milestones. Employ project management methodologies and tools, like MS Project. Identify, coordinate, and manage resources and key stakeholders for project. Ensure effective change management occurs throughout the course of the project. Manage all communication plans, training and documentation. Deliver projects on time, at/under budget and within scope. Communicate project status to all stakeholders on a regular basis throughout the lifecycle of the project. Position requires excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, analysis and problem-solving skills. Expert knowledge of MS Project, Excel, MS Word and Visio. 3-5 years of prior experience in project management is required.
Network Infrastructure Project Manager
This position resides within the Enterprise Technology and Services (ETS) PMO team and reports to the Program Director Network Data Center and End User Services. The candidate will have a primary focus of managing technical network initiatives within ETS delivering successful multi-year strategic initiatives aligned with business goals. The ideal candidate has an extensive background in managing network projects. Strong project management and stakeholder engagement capabilities are required, and experience working with cross-functional and multi-disciplined technology teams is a must-have. The candidate must be passionate about delivering results, in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Responsible for managing the execution of technical projects across multiple stakeholders, vendors, technology teams, application owners and their business partners.
- Manages and coordinates projects through all phases of business case creation, initiation, development, and implementation following company’s global governance outcome delivery framework, adhering to standards & policies
- Works with project team & key stakeholders to define and manage the scope, strategy, requirements, and implementation of projects
- Ensures that assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting delivery objectives
- Identifies, analyzes, mitigates, documents, and controls project risks & issues escalating to management as needed
- Provides effective and regular communication within the project team, stakeholders, sponsors and management
- Identifies resource needs for the project and establishes roles, expectations, and goals with team members
- Communicates clearly to all stakeholders involved
- Proven experience managing network infrastructure & security initiatives including, but not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, SD-WAN, WAN, various technologies such as cloud, internet, voice.
- Proven ability to probe for understanding of risks and issues to ensure transparency and achievement of business objectives
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills to form actionable plans.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable thinking through disparate processes, systems, solutions, and areas to leverage enterprise linkages to support successful change
- Ability to influence without direct authority, and highly effective negotiation and collaboration skills; proven success in building and managing relationships
- Strong ability to presents complex ideas clearly, with an ability to manage the complexities of executing significant change and influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to provide updates to all levels, including senior management
- Excellent customer focus and commitment to quality while still meeting deadlines
- Strong financial acumen, with an ability to understand key metrics and their relation to business drivers
- University Degree
- PMP certified