SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Internal Audit with Wealth mgmt.
- Responsible for execution of audit engagement, face of the engagement Planning activities, drafting planning deliverables
- Executing auditing work First level review Responsible for escalating issue
- Ensuring on budget Drafting audit report
- Familiar with our methodologies- ensuring auditing conducting Operational auditing role/ Internal controls
***Please note, this is not an Accountant or a Financial Auditing role. The manager is looking for candidates with operational auditing experience****
- As an Audit Manager II, you’ll provide oversight to complex audits and ensure completion for multiple business groups.
- You will be managing associated working relationships with business lines as per regulatory requirements.
- You’re already well-seasoned for delivering audit analysis, standard reporting and operational support to the teams.
- You’re coming to the table fully knowledgeable about the financial industry landscape and current market trends, and, here at bank, you’d be putting that insight into action.
- Act as a specialized resource on audits to provide subject matter expertise for planning, risk assessment and execution of audits and related processes with a high degree of complexity
- Play a key role in developing and implementing programs to contribute to the strategic direction of the audit Plan and lead audit activities that require alignment across multiple areas and execute follow-ups of findings arising from internal audits and regulatory reviews as per the standards
- Lead the ongoing audit communications and the reporting process with the client, senior management and external auditors
- Guide the team and participate in identification, design, testing and implementation of a wide range of complex audit initiatives
- Identify and resolve key issues by providing guidance for complex situations and report non-standard issues to the appropriate levels and shareholders where required
- Keep current on emerging trends and evolving regulatory requirements to find opportunities, and recommend improvement areas to senior management to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Build positive, diverse and open work environment by continually improving the efficiency, sharing deep knowledge and skills, and encouraging the team to deliver results
- Operational auditing
- High level of organization
- Good communication skills, sometimes delivering bad news, need to be okay- have to have difficult conversation
- Comfortable dealing with people at executive level.
- Strong negotiation and coaching skills
- 6) Proficient MS office
NICE TO HAVE:
- Internal Auditing at the Big 5 bank
- ACL software experience
- Wealth knowledge
DISQUALIFIERS – is there any information/experience on a candidate’s resume that would disqualify them from consideration for this position?
- Financial auditing/ tax accounting – not what the manager is looking for.