Type: WFH and the need to go into the office maybe once a month but likely less.
Language: Bilingual would be great but English speaking candidate is okay
Hours: either 8 to 4 or 9 to 5
Location: Can be in either Oakville, Toronto, Montreal or Waterloo - not picky
Special: They need to have a strong writing background in communications, journalism, or copywriting etc. That can take many shapes and forms – and I’d need to see writing samples. That can be education + experience, or just lots of experience. They need to be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint – Excel is a bonus.
The Marketing Communications Consultant serves Group Benefits Marketing and Distribution teams by creating customized client-specific content and communications that help Plan Members understand and use their benefits plans, particularly assisting members through enrolment. The Consultant works directly with Plan Sponsor (client) representatives to create content/communications suitable for their organization and employees. This role provides expertise and consultation to clients on aspects of marketing pieces including the development of creative communications and design solutions, and appropriate selection of delivery media for maximum impact in an organization. The incumbent will manage specific projects as determined by the Marketing Director.
• Write and edit simplified communications to engage employees in their health journey. All materials must enhance the target audiences’ understanding of benefits plan design, as well as plan administration and general industry standards.
• Assist with management of relationships with external clients.
• Attend discovery meetings with clients to analyze their communications requirements.
• Work independently or with marketing peers as required to determine best tactics and approaches to meet marketing requirements.
• Develop detailed communications production schedules to ensure materials are delivered on time.
• Engage corporate clients directly, providing new ideas for them to consider about how to communicate benefits messaging effectively to their plan members.
• Write, edit and coordinate production of marketing/communications materials as assigned, such as customized: promotional plans, campaigns, emails, posters, postcards, letters, tent cards, and intranet content.
• Support senior members of the team by developing and implementing some aspects of complex projects, as assigned.
• Manage moderate to high exposure strategic projects.
• Work with other teams in the organization to develop communications for cross-functional initiatives
• Demonstrated written communication skills - must be able to write superior communications for clients in a clear and simple way.
• Strong listening skills.
• Experience in editing.
• Strong project management skills—will at times have a case load of up to 15-20 clients. Will need to be able to prioritize and juggle many different projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated and honed knowledge of marketing communications theories and practices.
• Demonstrated and honed analytical skills to identify content that is most important and most useful to the intended audience.
• Strong influencing, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills - must have confidence in speaking directly with clients and managing their expectations. Will be called upon by clients to offer their expertise with communications. Will need to understand the client’s employee base and be able to make appropriate recommendations.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills with areas such as Design Services, Translation, and external vendors.