Primarily manages smaller and less complex projects than Project Managers and delivers work packages for projects within a bigger program. Focus of projects / programs generally medium term and requires a deeper understanding of technology / business issues and objectives, and impact of the team's work. May operate as a working lead and provide training and guidance to others on best practices, processes, and completion of business as usual activities.
- Manages client relationships / project stakeholders as they pertain to work streams and / or projects assigned.
- Works with business and technology teams to provide analysis, metrics and management reporting including insight and recommendations and creates accurate and realistic resource plans.
- Leads status and project team meetings, including preparing and distributing agenda, required materials and minutes.
- Applies bank principles of project management life cycle methodologies, tools and best practices, ensuring that appropriate documentation, change and risk management practices are in place.
- Leads assigned projects or executes on work packages ensuring deliverables meet standards for quality and timeliness and achieve original objectives.
- Owns the accurate reporting of project financials (i.e. data quality) in the bank’s enterprise reporting system.
- Ensures reporting and appropriate project documentation is properly completed (i.e. reports, change requests, presentations, invoices, correspondence / communications, tables, charts, files, etc.).
- Utilizes project management software to create, update and maintain project schedules with new and revised work packages and plans.
- Ensures dependencies and links with other schedules are established correctly, identifying conflicts and following up where required.
- Accountable for Project / Program / Portfolio documentation, including developing and monitoring the plan and milestones as required.
- Oversees and is involved with identifying project dependencies and risks, and ensures that they are effectively managed.
- Controls change to project scope through accepted Project Change Request (PCR) processes and documentation.
- Executes project management deliverables within budget and as per the approved project plan, working with business partners to develop the content of those deliverables.
- Communicates monthly resource and financial forecasting process timelines.
- Manages the process for external contractors and/or global resources ensuring statement of work documents are adhered to.
- Reviews work of other Analysts, Coordinators and conducts most complex analysis and deep dive reporting to support PMO financial and business management reporting needs.
- May act as a working lead to other project team members and may be required to provide some coaching and input into performance assessments of others as appropriate.
- Keeps other team members informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
- Supports the team by continuously developing knowledge in own area and business units.
- Transfers knowledge and provides guidance and leadership as appropriate to support the business objectives of the team and related area.
- Supports a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensures timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills to identify risks and learn from experiences.
- Experience with quantitative analysis, financial tracking and reporting and data gathering and documentation.
- Ability to work independently and within a larger team.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Solid conflict resolution and negotiation skills to collaborate across internal and/or external groups/partners.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targets while meeting a standard of excellence.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to cope with rapid change.
- Status reporting, risk reporting, supporting with contracts
- Attention to Detail – connects the dot end to end
- Self Driver (escalate when you have issues)
- Analyst experience – 2 years
NICE TO HAVE:
- FI/ Banking Experience
- Wire Transfers Experience