Our Client, SLC Management - Sun Life Financial's asset management arm, is a global institutional asset manager that provides a full spectrum of innovative and diversified solutions to their growing institutional client base of more than 1300 organizations. Their history of organic and strategic growth reflects this commitment with over CA$332/US$262 billion in assets under management. As a subsidiary of a major insurance/financial services organization, they benefit from the stability and strength of that relationship. The company offers a collaborative and inclusive environment, focused on growth and opportunity, where you will be encouraged and empowered to meet the challenges of a highly competitive landscape. The incumbent will report to the Senior Director, Marketable Securities Accounting. As a member of the team, this role will have full accountability for certain weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounting, reporting, and audit deliverables as assigned. This role also includes providing analysis of investment results to our various business partners.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate control environment is maintained for the accounting, and reporting processes the team supports. This includes account reconciliation to the corporate ledger for different bases of accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to management of financial results.
- Participate in the on boarding of new business by ensuring all aspects impacting the team are covered and that the team is prepared with necessary procedures and reconciliation.
- Responsible for recording consolidating entries for various investment and financial transactions.
- Participation in project work will be required as the need arises, including proactively identifying opportunities and making recommendations for process improvements.
- Fully participate in the month end, quarterly and annual financial close.
- Assist in the coordination of month end and audit deliverables for the team.
- Participate and assist in testing of all system upgrades to ensure no accounting or reporting functionality is compromised.
- Responsible for assisting with the rollout of any new/changes in accounting principles (i.e. IFRS 9 and 17) to investment types to ensure the correct accounting is generated.
- Assist in the preparation of marketable securities footnote and disclosure requirements to meet financial and regulatory reporting standards.
- Interact and communicate with various business units in analyzing the accounting results for fixed income, equity securities, limited partnerships and in the assessment of new product roll-outs or initiatives.
- Participate in assessing and providing solutions to complex accounting issues.
- Collaborate with the team on day to day accounting issues.
- Review peer work as assigned and provide support to Senior Director as needed
What you must bring to this role:
- Investment accounting within asset management and insurance industry
- IFRS & NAIC knowledge/experience
- PAM, Oracle and SAP experience
- 8-10 years of equivalent work experience particularly in accounting or/and accounting/finance designation
- Excellent attention to details and strong organizational sills
- Knowledge and experience with report writing tools
- Experience working with large data sets and presenting to management
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to resolve issues independently with various business partners and identify process improvement opportunities
Only those who are qualified will be contacted