Our Client is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with eight markets across northern and western Canada. They are excited to grow their team and are currently seeking a Manager to join their Vancouver office. The successful candidate will report to the Partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm. This individual will be an integral part of our continued growth.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Review of audit, review, and tax engagements.
- Apply knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE); knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) an asset.
- Review personal, trust, corporate tax, GST, T4, and T5 returns, delegating tasks where appropriate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of clients’ industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers, and proven ability to communicate such to the client.
- Effectively manage workload, deadlines, and client expectations.
- Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues proactively through collaboration with Senior Managers/Partners.
- Delegate tasks to all levels of staff while providing guidance and training to staff members to enhance their career development within the firm.
- Foster positive working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proactively ensure high employee engagement and client satisfaction.
- Mentor and coach senior and staff accountants.
- Develop solutions with clients and colleagues through collaborative effort and discussion.
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting, taxation, operation, and financial accounting issues.
- Build effective working relationships with clients, and actively participate in business development through community involvement.
What You must bring to the role:
- Professional designation CPA (or legacy CA, CMA, CGA).
- 3+ years post-designation public practice experience.
- Prior experience in the industries our firm currently supports is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship abilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting standards.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment.
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
- Community focused.
- A team player who encourages the success of all.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office is considered an asset.
Only Qualifies Candidates will be Contacted