- Degree/Certifications Required: Yes Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- Years of experience: 2-4 years
- Reason for request/why opened: Backfill/expansion
- % Interaction with Stakeholders: 75% peer 25% leadership
- Team Size: 3 people
- Personality Style/Team Culture: Open communication and collaborative, excellent discussion skills, detail orientation
- How will performance be measured: Meeting deliverables/timelines, SLA within the role.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Provide a broad range of analysis in the development of HR programs, including processes and procedures development and monitoring.
- Contribute to the HR mandate through research and assessments for a specialized function.
- Conduct regular, ongoing analysis, evaluation / assessment and review of HR programs and initiatives
- Maintain up to date awareness of HR landscape; assess where gaps exist, support the implementation of programs which meet or exceed employee expectations
- Conduct ongoing industry and competitive analysis to obtain market insights
- Provide input to HR specialists and managers through conducting analytics and driving insights to support the planning process
- Develop and maintain employee-facing documentation and communication materials in conjunction with key partners
- Support with analyzing HR policy and governance impacts on customers, stakeholders and processes to achieve better business results Liaise with various partners and stakeholders in the resolution of program / employee issues
- Support and monitor the adherence to service level agreements with external vendors
- Work in close partnership with selected vendors to ensure program objectives can be met and solutions can be delivered within set timelines, escalate to Management where appropriate
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity
- Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; escalate issues where appropriate
- Be knowledgeable of practices and procedures within own area of responsibility and keep abreast of emerging trends for own functional area
- Protect the interests of the organization identify and manage risks, and escalate non-standard, high risk activities as necessary
- Conduct internal and external research projects; support the development / delivery of presentations / communications to management or broader audience
- Conduct reporting and / or meaningful analysis at the functional or enterprise level using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations, assess the effectiveness of programs/ policies/ practices
- Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency levels within own function and implement continuous process / performance improvements where opportunities exists
- Acquire and apply expertise in the discipline, provide guidance, assistance and direction to others Identify, recommend and effectively execute standard practices applicable to the discipline
- Adhere to internal policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
- Protect the interests of the organization identify and manage risks, and escalate non-standard, high risk transactions / activities as necessary
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
- May lead work streams by acting as a project lead / subject matter expert for small scale projects / initiatives in accordance with project management methodologies
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, Customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Collaboration skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one time.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Relationship management experience.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of legal policies and procedures related to hiring practices (i.e., equal employment opportunity and affirmative action).
- Health and safety experience