Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client is a fully diversified private property development company that has been carrying out land development, construction, and property management in Canada and the United States for more than 50 years. They are one of Toronto's most experienced and innovative real estate development companies and have earned a reputation for award-winning construction quality, beautiful designs, and efficient living spaces.
We’re looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to join our accounting team. You will be responsible for ensuring all invoices are accurately processed in a timely manner, and that vendors are paid on time. You will also be the point of contact for vendors and other departments within the company to ensure that payments are resolved in a timely manner.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Process various types of accounts payable transactions including data entry of vendor invoices, expense reports, manual and emergency check requests, wires etc.
- Process daily and weekly A/P for multiple sites and vendors ensuring all deadlines are met in high volume environment.
- Assist site team, clients, and vendors with A/P issues or questions as they arise.
- Ensure appropriate approval prior to processing, including matching of Purchase Orders and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements for missing invoices and resolution of aged items.
- Communicating with suppliers to discuss invoices and resolve issues.
- Process cheques and electronic payments, including coordinating release of funds with Treasury and distributing payments.
- Banking duties, deposits, and administrative duties as required.
- Ad-hoc projects where applicable.
What you must bring to this role:
- 2 years experience in accounts payable
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Experience using Yardi or similar ERP systems
- Experience in the construction/real-estate development industry preferred
- Familiar with construction liens is considered an asset
- Strong with Microsoft office – Word and Excel
- A go-getter attitude and the willingness to help around the office with ad-hoc tasks
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted